Ireland Pilgrimage and WMOF
IRELAND PILGRIMAGE AND WORLD MEETING OF FAMILIES
MAY 13 FINAL PAYMENT DUE DATE - ALL DONE - THANK YOU!
- INFORMATION FOR CROAGH PATRICK HIKERS
- Taxi from Croagh Patrick to Westport Train Station: http://www.murrisk.ie/M-LocalServicesFacilities.html
- Chris & Patricia Gavin: Tel: +353 (0)87 988 2267
- Martin McHale: Coach and taxi service Tel: +353 (0)87 655 8529
- Also, make provision for rain.
- We will need our own portable chairs, etc., for the Papal Mass venue on Sunday.
- Be sure to bring a pair of comfortable walking shoes. There will also be much walking on that day.
Sun protection: sunscreen, hat
- Please check the details of what to expect on that day at this first link. The second link gives information on Pope Francis' entire visit to Ireland during that week.
- They drive on the left in Ireland; therefore, you need to look right before crossing the street! Even the crosswalks remind you to do this!
- They use 220 AC electricity. You will need plug adapters for sure! They are rather large and bulky. You can purchase them online. You may also need to buy a converter (transformer) if your electrical appliances (hair dryer, contact sterilizer, computer, phone, etc.) does not have one already incorporated into it to switch from 110 to 220 voltage.
- Alert your credit card company that you will be traveling outside the USA lest they interrupt your service thinking your card/card information was stolen.
- Some travelers have found a way to obtain credit for purchases made in that country by stopping at a kiosk for this purpose in the airport before departure for home. You need to present them with your purchase receipts.
- Please bring with you 3 photocopies of your passport - one for me, one for Fr. Tom, and one to keep with you during the trip
- Please bring also a copy of your insurance ID card/documents.
- CLICK HERE FOR FAQs SHEET
1. Each person MUST have this e-ticket printed out and bring it with him/her to the airport2. We will PROBABLY NOT be able to check in online due to the size of the group (you can try, but I give no guarantee it will work)3. Also, due to the size of the group, she DOES NOT advise that we check in at the airport as a group as it would just slow down the entire process but suggests we check in individually as each person/couple arrivesTherefore, I will still be there at the check-in to meet and greet you all BUT I WILL move to the gate around 3:30PM myself. If you arrive after that, you will be on your own. This is my cell number, in case of any problem: 973-851-7422.For those of you with iPhones, or the like, or iPads, I suggest downloading the Mobile Pass app. It is free. It is a product of the US Customs department. We SHOULD be processed through customs in Ireland before returning home but if anything change in this regard, this app allows you to skip the line at customs in NYC... something VERY welcome! You will need to have access to that device to register on the return trip within 3 hours of reaching the customs area of the airport and will need your flight number information.
- Aer Lingus check-in details:
- RECORDED PREPARATION SESSIONS
(When you have finished viewing, please click on link above, "Ireland Pilgrimage and WMOF" to leave your reflections.)
- 2018-04-07 12.58 Salesian Family Pilgrimage Preparation Meeting .mp4
- June 2 Power Point WMOF, Croagh Patrick, and Kennedy Airport
- June 2 Power Point: Pilgrimage Day 2 & Amoris Laetitia, chapter 5
- July 7 Meeting
- August 11 Meeting & links to Power Point and PDF of Power Point
AMORIS LAETITIA IRELAND PILGRIMAGE STUDY SESSIONSBroken Bay Diocese Resource - Study Questions for each chapter
- INTRODUCTION and CHAPTER 1 Scroll way down!
- Chapter 2 for Participants
- Chapter 3 for Participants
- Questions for Chapter 3
- Chapter 4 for Participants
- Questions for Chapter 4
- Chapter 5 for Participants
- Chapter 6 for Participants
- Chapter 7 for Participants
- Questions for Chapter 7
- Chapter 8 for Participants
- Chapter 9 for Participants
MUCH MORE Information, study guides, and materials for preparation and formation can be found here
More information and WMOF Preparation videos from Ireland
- 1 month, 3 weeks ago
- Ireland Pilgrimage and WMOF
Not yet a member? Register Here.