First World Day for Grandparents and Elderly scheduled for 25 JulyThe Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life announces the first World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly under the theme “I am with you always”.
By Vatican News staff writer
The First World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly will be celebrated on Sunday 25 July, announced the Vatican’s Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life in a press release on Tuesday.
The theme chosen by Pope Francis for this inaugural commemoration is “I am with you always” (Mt 28:20). It expresses the closeness of the Lord and the Church to every older person, especially in these challenging times of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The theme, “I am with you always” is also “a promise of closeness and hope that young and old can mutually share”, notes the press release. Not only are grandchildren and youths invited to be present in the lives of older people, but older people and grandparents also have a mission of evangelization, proclamation and prayer, and of encouraging young people in their faith.
To further encourage the celebration of the World Day in local churches and associations, the Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life will offer pastoral tools from mid-June, which will be available on the website www.amorislaetitia.va
- Jesus Christ Alone! October 4, 2023
- Let us go to the Lord’s house October 3, 2023
- Angel mine, protect me… October 2, 2023
- Jesus alive in me! October 1, 2023
- Don Angel Now Cardinal Angel! Congratulations, Rector Major! September 30, 2023
- Don Angel Elevated to Cardinal 9/30/2023 4 AM ET September 29, 2023
- Voter Guide for the 2023 NJ Legislative Election September 23, 2023
- Homily proclaimed during Synod Retreat's Final Mass October 3, 2023
- Cardinal Protase Rugambwa invites Tanzanians to build a culture of unity and solidarity. October 3, 2023
- President Zelensky: 'Ukraine to start EU membership talks' October 3, 2023
- Bishop Arnold: Laudate Deum will be a firm call for action for creation October 3, 2023
- Synod retreat - Day 3: Meditation prior to evening Mass October 3, 2023
- Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith responds to questions posed by Czech Bishops October 3, 2023
- Catholic sisters: International community has responsibility for every migrant October 3, 2023
- Synod Retreat Meditation: ‘The Spirit of Truth’ October 3, 2023
- Synod Retreat Meditation: ‘Authority’ October 3, 2023
- Celebrating 125 years of the roots of Rome's San Gioacchino in Prati October 3, 2023