First World Day for Grandparents and Elderly scheduled for 25 JulyThe Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life announces the first World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly under the theme “I am with you always”.
By Vatican News staff writer
The First World Day for Grandparents and the Elderly will be celebrated on Sunday 25 July, announced the Vatican’s Dicastery for the Laity, Family and Life in a press release on Tuesday.
The theme chosen by Pope Francis for this inaugural commemoration is “I am with you always” (Mt 28:20). It expresses the closeness of the Lord and the Church to every older person, especially in these challenging times of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The theme, “I am with you always” is also “a promise of closeness and hope that young and old can mutually share”, notes the press release. Not only are grandchildren and youths invited to be present in the lives of older people, but older people and grandparents also have a mission of evangelization, proclamation and prayer, and of encouraging young people in their faith.
To further encourage the celebration of the World Day in local churches and associations, the Dicastery for Laity, Family and Life will offer pastoral tools from mid-June, which will be available on the website www.amorislaetitia.va
- Jesus trusts us… May 16, 2021
- Ask in JESUS’ NAME May 15, 2021
- The new working class and the Pope’s duty to be an “advocate of the poor” – Vatican News May 14, 2021
- Education in love: affectivity and sexuality. How to accompany young people May 14, 2021
- LIVE STREAM TRIDUUM MAY 21, 22, 23 FROM ITALY TO HONOR MARY HELP OF CHRISTIANS May 14, 2021
- NOVENA TO MHC MAY 15-23, 2021 May 14, 2021
- Love each other… May 14, 2021
- Pope makes donation to women’s healthcare centre in India May 16, 2021
- ‘Stop the clamour of arms!’ Pope tells Israeli, Palestinian leaders May 16, 2021
- Jesus’ Ascension brings us joy says Pope Francis at Regina Coeli May 16, 2021
- Pope Francis on Myanmar: May God convert all hearts to peace May 16, 2021
- John Kerry: Pope Francis one of greatest voices on climate crisis May 15, 2021
- Founder of the Salvatorians beatified in Rome May 15, 2021
- Pope expresses support for the Italian Charismatic Consultation May 15, 2021
- Pope: child abuse is a kind of "psychological murder" May 15, 2021
- Pope appoints two auxiliary bishops in Melbourne May 14, 2021
- New bishop appointed in Papua New Guinea May 14, 2021