Hello, Salesian Family and Friends!
Find here documents useful to the entire Salesian Family, especially as regards the Secretariat of the Salesian Family, the Salesian Family Consulte, and the Local Commissions: what is meant by “Don Bosco’s Salesian Family” as well as documents regarding the establishment, structure, and function of the above animating bodies.
OFFICIAL SALESIAN FAMILY WEBSITE FROM ROME
SALESIAN FAMILY SPIRITUALITY DAYS & STRENNE ARCHIVES
- 2023: As the Yeast in Today’s Human Family
- 2022: Do All Through Love; Nothing By Constraint
- 2021: Moved by Hope
- 2020: Good Christians and Upright Citizens
- 2019: Holiness for You, Too!
- 2018: Lord, Give Me This Water
- 2017: We Are Family: Every Home a School of Life and Love
- more resources for Strenna 2017 and for families from World Meeting of Families & Amoris Laetitia
- 2016: With Jesus, We Journey Together in an Adventure of the Spirit!
- 2015: Salesian Family of Don Bosco
- 2014: Getting to Know Don Bosco’s Spirituality and Living It
BOOKS ON OUR SALESIAN FAMILY
A VAST NETWORK OF FAMILIES: Download The Salesian Family of St. John Bosco here
A FAMILY OF SAINTS: Download Like the Stars in the Heavens here
BOOKS BY/ON ST. FRANCIS DE SALES
FROM DESPAIR TO HOPE: ONE COLLEGE STUDENT’S STRUGGLE WITH TRUTH (Francis de Sales, 1567-1622) by Alexander T. Pocetto, OSFS
Masses in honor of the Saints and Blesseds of our Family:
(Ordo for Liturgical Year 2022 and Addenda et Varianda for Liturgical Year 2021; Missal and Lectionary updated 2015)
Explanation and Sample Regulations of the Salesian Family itself and its Consulta:
The Secretariat and World Advisory Council:
Pope Francis’ Words to and about the Salesian Family
“LIKE DON BOSCO, WITH THE YOUNG AND FOR THE YOUNG”
OFFICIAL LETTER of The Holy Father, Pope Francis
to Reverend Fr. Ángel Fernández Artime Rector Major of the Salesians on the Bicentenary of the birth of St. John Bosco
The video of Pope Francis’ informal talk in the Basilica of Mary Help of Christians can be found here or on our “Videos” and YouTube pages, in addition to unedited versions from the Holy Father’s arrival at Valdocco.
FR. BERGOGLIO’S 1990 RECOLLECTION OF HIS SALESIAN EDUCATION
Official Documents of the Rectors Major:
Official Documents of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians:
La Madre – Circular letters
Salesian Family Sector of the FMA
SDB & FMA TOGETHER:
DON ANGEL’S MESSAGE TO THE SALESIAN FAMILY OF NORTH AMERICA ON SEPTEMBER 8, 2018
My dear Salesian Family of the United States of America,
I greet you with great affection from Vancouver. On this occasion, we are unable to see each other. I promise you that we will have the opportunity to meet. I still, however, want to be present to you through this greeting to tell you, first of all, that it is a great gift to be Salesian Family; that you are also united in communion with all the Salesian Family of the world.
To be Salesian Family is to hold a great responsibility in the Church. We are a huge Religious Family that needs to be alive. We exist not only to think of ourselves but we are truly within this Church and this world a living force that draws near to those furthest away. We are:
- a Salesian Family with open doors, in the universality of our Groups, so that those who are in need feel that the Salesian Family always has someone who will receive, welcome, and listen to them – even if they can’t always fix all their problems.
- a Salesian Family always concerned with and sensitive to the young – boys, girls, teens, and young adults – for they are the reason that the Holy Spirit raised up Don Bosco and why he dreamed of us.
- a Salesian Family that needs to continue to grow in communion among ourselves.
- a Salesian Family that is enthusiastic and hope-filled, contemplating the world as God’s Creation and trusting always that the goodness in human hearts is much greater than the weaknesses.
I am sad that we are unable to get to know each other at this time but I promise you that we will meet each other. Now I send my embrace, my prayer, and blessing to you through the mediation of Mary Help of Christians.
With a big, affectionate hug,
Hasta siempre! Good-bye! Don Angel
- Jesus Christ Alone! October 4, 2023
- Let us go to the Lord’s house October 3, 2023
- Angel mine, protect me… October 2, 2023
- Jesus alive in me! October 1, 2023
- Don Angel Now Cardinal Angel! Congratulations, Rector Major! September 30, 2023
- Don Angel Elevated to Cardinal 9/30/2023 4 AM ET September 29, 2023
- Voter Guide for the 2023 NJ Legislative Election September 23, 2023
- Homily proclaimed during Synod Retreat's Final Mass October 3, 2023
- Cardinal Protase Rugambwa invites Tanzanians to build a culture of unity and solidarity. October 3, 2023
- President Zelensky: 'Ukraine to start EU membership talks' October 3, 2023
- Bishop Arnold: Laudate Deum will be a firm call for action for creation October 3, 2023
- Synod retreat - Day 3: Meditation prior to evening Mass October 3, 2023
- Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith responds to questions posed by Czech Bishops October 3, 2023
- Catholic sisters: International community has responsibility for every migrant October 3, 2023
- Synod Retreat Meditation: ‘The Spirit of Truth’ October 3, 2023
- Synod Retreat Meditation: ‘Authority’ October 3, 2023
- Celebrating 125 years of the roots of Rome's San Gioacchino in Prati October 3, 2023