(ANS – Lisbon) – In preparation for World Youth Day (WYD) 2023, which will take place in Lisbon, Portugal, the Salesian Youth Movement has launched “WYD DON BOSCO 23”, the organization responsible for the convocation and participation of young people from various Salesian circles around the world at WYD in Lisbon 2023.
In inviting young people to live and experience WYD Lisbon 2023 according to Don Bosco’s charism, WYD DON BOSCO 23 also wants to accompany all the initiatives, dynamism and moments planned for the Day, as well as highlight, on a particular day, the “SYM Day”, all its youth and associative dimension.
“WYD DON BOSCO 2023”, as a motto, comes from the combination of three elements: the acronym in English that refers to World Youth Day, with its meaningful similarity to the term “with” in English; St. John Bosco, commonly called “Don Bosco”, as the unifying force of the Salesian Family; and the date of the meeting.
It wants to be a sort of brand that identifies the Salesian Youth Movement and that motivates young people to walk the path that awaits them as a pilgrimage, that strengthens their faith and is able to question others, those who are further away, so that they may know the Living Christ.
WYD DON BOSCO 2023 can already count on readily available documents and study tools to share and discuss:
– The website in Portuguese and English – www.wyddonbosco23.pt – where you can find various information on Portugal, Lisbon, WYD and the WYD DON BOSCO 23 organization. It will be regularly updated with new information and news.
– A video presentation – https://youtu.be/BXBhtMwjdIY – of the participation of the Salesian Youth Movement in WYD in Lisbon 2023. Conceived, recorded and interpreted by pupils and past pupils from different Salesian environments in Portugal, invites the members of the SYM to the whole world to participate in this meeting and to live it according to Don Bosco’s charism.
– The WYD Don Bosco 23 logo was inspired by the figures of Don Bosco and Mary Help of Christians. The basis of the whole logo is the mantle of Mary which seems to “embrace” all the other elements. Inside the cloak are Don Bosco’s tricorn hat; as well as two crosses, symbols of faith, and a rope, which recalls the jumps and acrobatics that Don Bosco used to capture young people and bring them to the Church, winning their hearts. The yellow band, which appears on the right side of the logo, suggests an upward movement, which invites you to “get up and go”, thus referring to the official motto of WYD in Lisbon 2023.
– Facebook profile of WYD DON BOSCO 23: https://www.facebook.com/wyddonbosco23
– Instagram profile of WYD DON BOSCO 23: https://www.instagram.com/wyddonbosco23/
– WYD DON BOSCO YouTube channel 23: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNHL0RbvRX3AwyGSIj1tSMw
And a weekly podcast – https://wyddonbosco23.pt/jmj-combosco – which debuted on the Salesian Radio of Portugal on 31 January and which in each episode reviews the various editions of WYD from 1986 to today, focusing on messages, the main events and the incredible stories that took place, giving the floor to those who participated in it or who are currently, in some way, in the organization of WYD Lisbon 2023. The various podcasts will also refer to the history and growth of the SYM as a youth movement that has grown and strengthened over the past three decades.
For more information, please write to: email@example.com