Ratchaburi, Thailand, 7 February 2020 — On 5 February 2020, the 12th General Chapter of the Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, Ratchaburi Province, with the theme “Sisters of the Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary: The Living Message of the Mission of Love and Service In the Midst of the Present World” ended with the election of the new Superior General and her Council.
The Chapter Assembly held the election for the new Superior General of the Congregation: Sr. Maria Gorretti Maliwan Porramatwirote, elected for the second time, and will serve from 2020 – 2025.
The Assembly also chose the Council Members of the General Superior:
- Vicar General and Councillor for Ongoing Formation: Sr.Maria Sompong Thabping
- Councillor for Initial Formation: Sr.Bernadette Meena Phuengphornphra
- Councillor for Mission and Youth Ministry: Sr.Agnes Nilubol Thivakorn
- Councillor for Education: Sr.Maria Dararat Phengphinit
- Councillor for Financial Administration: Sr.Theresa Utsanee Hembutr
- Councillor for Secretariate Duties: Sr.Bernadette Utumporn Saelow
- Born on 22 June 1954, in Don Krabueang, Banpong Municipality, Ratchaburi Province
- First Religious Profession: 6 May 1973
- Perpetual Religious Profession: 3 May 1982
- Education: Bachelors Degree in Education; Salesian Spirituality at the Salesian Pontifical University, Rome
- Previous Responsibilities [position and important places of work]: General Superior from 2015-2020; Has been the Vicar for two times